Jittabugs Tap & Boogie Sessions (suitable for ages 2-5yrs)
Jittabugs Tap & Boogie Classes use basic tap technique so children can move and sing along to fun music.
The children will learn rhythm, develop gross motor skills, learn basic tap steps, build confidence, encourage creativity, improve muscle development, improve physical fitness, help with co-ordination, balance, improve listening skills, helps the child to become spatially aware, and teach children structure in a fun environment.
- Creative Movement,
- Structured Play,
- Character Work
- Mime, Heel Toe, Toe Heel,Knee Bends
- Tipee Toes, Clapping & Walking in time to music
- Skipping, Jumping, Hopping, Running, Galloping
- Action Moves(trains, planes, soilders, fairies etc)
- Shuffles, Ball Change, Corner Work
- Use of Props to make this fun
- Fast and Slow, Big and Small, Loud and Quiet
- All of the above plus the basic terminology for tap
All this combined with some Boogie.
They get to dance to all kinds of music from pop to rock.
Here at jittabugs we love to move and groove, jump and slide,
pretend and play, sing and glide.
Jiggle and a wiggle, a tip tap toe, Join the boogie woogie, Give it a go!!!
Uniform for dance class helps children to understand that certain activities require a certain uniform example school uniform, P.E kit etc.
For Tap Leotards, Tap Shoes and more please speak to your tutor.