Baby Massage (suitable for age 0-crawling)
Baby massage has many benefits to both the care giver and the child, and can be started from birth onwards.
Even premature babies benefit from still touch, and massage.
Each instructor is certified by the International Association of Infant Massage or Hands on Babies.
Tutors are trained to teach massage to parents or direct caregivers in the presence of the babies or the children.
Benefits of Massage
(for babies, mums and dads)
- Infant-Parent attachment or "bonding"*
- Makes baby feel loved
- Promotes better sleep
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps digestion
- Balances respiration
- Relief for teething pains
- Help waste elimination
- Helps build parents' and baby's self-esteem
- Helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
- Relaxes parents
- Pleasurable experience
- Stimulates production of oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which can be produced by both male and female persons during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect on the person.)
- Bonding is: love, security, connection, acceptance, peace, caring, happiness, interaction, empathy, unity, warmth, joy, communication and familiarity.
- Bonding may be experienced through eye contact, touch, smell, taste and listening
- "Bonding is a unique relationship between two people. It is specific and endures through time." M. KLAUS
The classes are designed to enhance the bonding between care giver and child and not only promote Baby Massage, but look at reading babies cues, understanding your child, relaxation and stimulation.
We offer a 5/6 weeks course to learn the basics of Baby Massage and Bonding, after which you will be invited to our ongoing classes if available to keep your bond with your group, to enhance your bonding and massage skills and to socialise on a regular basis. These classes are available in Newcastle.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE MASSAGE COURSES.